Thursday, January 18, 2007

WIP - Felt Activity Book


Haven't gotten to work on too much this week. Sydney has been sick and so crabby. Definitely not herself. Went to the Dr. today...ear infection. Poor kid. Hopefully we can get it cleared up quick. My in-laws are coming to visit for the weekend. They have so much fun with her, I just hope she is feeling better and happy!


So, in the few minutes I've had, I've been working on this book for the kiddo. I had plans to sew it all together, but then saw a show on HGTV (from DIY - I love the new shows from DIY on HGTV!!) where they made an activity book with grommets and put it in a 3-ring binder. SOOOO much easier. I only have one page done so far, which turned out pretty ugly...the sharpie should not have been the labeling tool of choice! I'll have to fix that! Good way to use up fabric, ribbons, etc. I'm using the horribly cheap felt from Michaels. Cheap for a reason I'm realizing!


On the additional pages, I plan to have snaps, laces, a pocket, and velcro. I still have two pages to come up with...any ideas? I had considered some stick on animals or something, but I think I'll save that for a different book.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I have big plans on Saturday to make it to a sale at the thrift store - $4 for a bag full of clothes...cross your fingers for a bag full of sweaters!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Very cute idea! Hmm...zippers maybe? That could be a challenge, though. Let us see when you are finished!

Amanda Jean said...

hope that the kiddo is feeling better! the felt activity book is cute, but I have no ideas for it...sorry! I hope that you have great success thrifting this weekend. enjoy your company, too!