Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Trim Extravaganza

I had a great birthday yesterday. Thanks to all of you who sent cards, e-mails and comments. I really appreciate it! It was a pretty low-key day, but very nice. My sister watched the kiddo so my husband could take me out for supper. We went to the only Thai restaurant in town. It was so good! Its hard to find good independent restaurants around here. We have every chain known to man, but they can get so old and boring. So, this was a nice change. Plus I got to take home my leftovers in those cute little Chinese food boxes, so my lunch today will be fun too! Oh, its the little things in life, isn't it!

After supper I convinced my husband to wander through the little mall that was right by the restaurant. Its a small one with only a few shops left open, but I hit the jackpot. In one of the stores they had a TON of ribbon, trim, rick-rack, etc. Everything you could imagine...old (some very old)and new, in every color of the rainbow. I saw nothing there over $1/yard and most was .10 - .25/yard. I tried not to freak out in front of my husband. The poor guy was so bored and he already thinks I am a total nut. So I limited myself to just a couple different trims that caught my eye. Most of it will be a gift for some lucky lady (its a secret!). But I will definitely be back. I tried to take a picture with my cell phone, but somehow deleted it :( I promise to bring my camera next time so you can all be jealous that you don't live up here in the frozen tundra!!! Yeah, right! After I calmed down a little, we went to a really good scrapbooking store next door. Their stuff is really cute, but you know after spending .10/yard on equally cute trim, I couldn't even look at the ridiculous prices they had on stuff there. Guess my thriftiness got the best of me! Farewell until tomorrow, when I will hopefully have completed something with my new trim to show off!

4 comments:

becki said...

wow, you did find some nice trim! I never have as good of luck here. I either have to go to Sioux Falls..or sometime I hope to venture up to Fargo- you know I really should make it up there since I do have a cousin that lives there..maybe after this cold spell!!

becki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saucy said...

Great trim! I can only imagine your excitement! I would LOSE MY MIND! My husband refuses to go into fabric or craft stores, flat out refuses! Happy birthday!

Vallen said...

A store like that might be reason enough to move to snowland - no, on second thought, I could just visit -IN THE SPRING. Really lovely trim. The colors are like a samba.