Tuesday, January 9, 2007

So...

Today is my birthday. I turn 28. I really feel pretty good about it. I mean, its only 28. I think I've felt this old since I was about 18, so it really isn't a big deal, right? I can totally relate to Mary Ann's post the other day about feeling much older than you really are. I have always felt that way. Most of my friends are older than me (except for the very young Rachel!! She is 4 months younger than me. Ha ha Rach, your secret is out!) and my husband is 5 years older than me.
Plus, I have a ton to be thankful for in my life. Not that its perfect but I sure can't complain.
So here is my thankful list for the day:
Great friends (in blogland and in person)
Wonderful family
My Janome sewing machine that never fails me
A warm house with a big craft room
And presents!!! My mom and dad gave me this over the weekend!

Its a soldering gun in case you weren't sure! I'm not real sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I am very excited to find out. My dad let me borrow an awesome book called The Farm Shop to give me a few pointers. Isn't that funny! I could probably learn how to put up an electric fence or something at the same time! I love learning stuff like this. When I was in high school my dad taught me to weld, which is tons of fun too, but requires some pretty major machinery, so this will definitely be better. I'll let you know how it goes...hopefully I don't burn down the house or anything.

In other thankful news, I got a package in the mail yesterday from the fabulous Mary Ann. She commented on this post about some extra fleece she found when she was cleaning out and offered to send it to me! Woohoo!!! Some very cute stuff. Thanks Mary Ann, very generous of you. I've been in the the use what you have mood for a while now (you wouldn't know it by all the thrift store shopping I've been doing, but I don't think that counts!). And Mary Ann's gift has made me think we should take this to a new level. So I propose that if any of you are working on a project and are in need of something...maybe 3 green buttons, or a 1/2 yard of purple fabric, or something to inspire a new idea, a pattern, whatever, lets put it out there and see what happens. I know I have a huge stash of craft stuff that if I'm not using someone should. What do you guys think?

Lastley, I did a little edit to my bag from yesterday. It just needed something. So, I added a little tag to the front and embossed the name I came up with for the line of purses I dream of making some day - Feminine Addictions. Not sure if you can see it too good, but I made a stamp with this cheap stamp kit I got at the office supply store and embossed it onto fabric. I'm sure its not washable or anything, but it was the subtle look I was looking for. I think it adds a little touch that the bag was missing.

3 comments:

becki said...

Happy Birthday Roxanne!! Age is nothing but a number (or so I remind myself each day)! My husband is five years older than me too, we always get a laugh when we think back to the year he was a senior..i was just a young 6th grader..it's funny to think about! The pom-poms are not too hard, but my scissors are starting to hurt my hands from all the triming. It's just too darn addicting. Hope you have a glorious day!! Happy soldering!!

Vallen said...

So young and yet so crafty... Happy Birthday little one. The bag looks terrific and the tag is just the right touch.
Mary Ann, as you will soon find, is a guardian angel and the Best Blog Friend.

Amanda Jean said...

the tag is the perfect touch to your purse!