Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spring has Arrived!


I spent the day outside yesterday working in the yard. I pulled all the dead stuff out of my garden and raked a ton of leaves. (I know, most people do those things in the fall. Oh well!) After all that work, I enjoyed my favorite (or at least one of my favorite) parts of spring - spray paint! Spray painting is just one of those things that you can not do around here in the winter. Trust me I've tried, it doesn't work. Its just too stinking cold. And sometimes, you just can't beat spray paint in a project! This was definitely one of those cases. We got a hand-me down set of little kid table and chairs from my sister. It was adorable, but filthy!

She had tried everything she could to clean it as had I. Everything. Bleach, Magic Eraser, everything. It has a wood grain texture in the plastic and it was just not coming clean. So it was begging for a coat of paint! I used Krylon spray paint that is specific for plastic. Its a little spendy (almost $4 a can) but well worth it. It worked like a dream. Here is our after shot!

Bright fire engine red! I love it! I think we will be taking our lunch outside from now on!

10 comments:

Vallen said...

I'll bring the devilled eggs and cupcakes and you can make iced tea. It will be so much fun!!

Amy Jo said...

Looks great - I've alsways wondered how that stuff works!! Looks like it does a good job!

Rebecca said...

Yum! I love a good coat of red paint. I did the same thing myself with an old night stand and a few chairs and they looked instantly better!

Stacy said...

Super cute!

Sarah said...

Love the red! Much better.

becki said...

That is so cute! I love how it turned out. I wish I could spray paint some of my stuff, but I will have to get my husband to do that!

Linda said...

Looks great! I'll bet your daughter loves them!

Amanda Jean said...

those are adorable! they turned out quite nicely.

(I get giddy when it is spray paint season again, too.)

Breanna said...

Looks great! I have some outside furniture that is begging to be painted, I just can't decide on a color. Maybe I will follow your lead and go bold.

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

WOW
Suzie Sews