Thursday, May 17, 2007

Short Pants



I whipped up some capri pants for Sydney over the past couple of days. What should have taken an hour (maybe) has taken a couple of days. I'll blame it on the pattern, but I'm pretty sure we are talking about reader error. I managed to sew the pants upside down. I considered scrapping the whole thing, but I love this fabric too much to waste it. So I cozied up with the seam ripper (which I hate) and got busy.

(Bad picture, I know. Try to focus on the pants!!)
Now that I have this pattern all figured out, I definitely plan to make more. Sydney has pretty short legs, so finding pants to fit her can be difficult...all her shorts are capris and capris are long pants! To make the full length pattern into capris for her (size 1/2) I had to cut 6 inches off! I also made her a Vallen inspired little flower to coordinate the outfit. She loves trying to smell it while its hooked to her shirt!

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

those are the cutest little capri pants ever!

wow, cutting off 6" to make them fit. That is quite a difference.

sydney is adorable!

Vallen said...

Awwww, maybe I have a new market for my flower brooches. She looks pretty tall towering over the hoop there but patterns are never the right length. Never!

Very Mary said...

What a cutie patootie! And so fashionably dressed, too!