Monday, May 21, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!


Today is my beautiful Mother's birthday. I figured she would be a little upset if I posted pictures of her, so I'm posting old ones that are so cute she can't be mad!

I have so many things to be thankful for about my mom. I'm thankful that God chose her for me. I'm thankful that I was raised in such a loving family where God was always present. I'm thankful that she instilled a work ethic in me that makes me never want to sit still (I really am thankful for that!!). I'm thankful that she is Sydney's grandma. I'm thankful for the desire she gave me to create things. And most of all I'm thankful that I can now call her my friend.

This picture looks exactly like Sydney.

Here is what I made her for her birthday. I actually posted about this at Christmas in Progress a while back, but I just couldn't wait that long to give it to her!! Guess I'm even more behind on my CIP projects now! Anyway, it is a soldered charm on an adjustable necklace. One side has a paper collage in the log cabin quilt design. The other side says "nana quilted with love". These words were pulled from an old dictionary. My mom is an amazing quilter (among other things). She really should have her own blog - I'll start working on that! Hope you like it Mom! And I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I love you!

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

What a beautiful post for your mom! Mom's are great!

Breanna said...

It sounds like you have an awesome mom! I am sure she will love the pendant, it looks fabulous.

Vallen said...

How could she not love that tribute? You are a retty lucky daughter and she is kind of lucky herself.

Amanda Jean said...

your mom is wonderful! those are some great photos of her.

nice necklace...and you are right, she is an amazing quilter. it's good to learn from the best.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post for your Mom! I love the necklace!! Christmas is too far away to hang on to a gem like that!!