Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A good long weekend

Hope you all had a great long weekend! Mine was just about perfect! Did some garage sale shopping and sewing with my sister. Spent some quality time with my husband (it was our anniversary on Saturday). Worked in the yard and spent way too much on plants. Hit a great 50% off sale at Savers. What more could a girl ask for!! Now, I have collected a ton of supplies and just need to get crafting on something. Here are a few of the highlights from my garage sale trip...

This huge bowl which I love was only 50 cents!


Another 50 cent bargain! There are almost 3 yards of this stuff which is some sort of terrycloth fabric. I have no idea what to do with it, but I've never seen anything like it before so I had to get it. But, now what? Any ideas? Anybody want some?
And of course, more sheets!
There were many other things, some are off to Mary Ann's house and the rest I will show you as I use them. Now, where to put it all.... :)

7 comments:

Vallen said...

You know that blanket that you wanted? The one to throw on the ground? Terry cloth - the perfect material for it.

Natasha said...

Wow that bowl is awesome!!! The terrycloth...well there is that beach bag patter that unfolds into a beach towel or as Vallen suggested a blanket. What great finds!!

Natasha said...

Sorry patter=pattern

Raesha D said...

Happy anniversary!! And great finds...and I think that's the story of my life....where to put it all:) I'm afraid to someday have a bigger house cause it just means more room for more stuff:):)

Amanda Jean said...

happy anniversary! has it been 6 years???

great finds. love that bowl.

Very Mary said...

I found some terry at a yard sale a few years ago and made a simple bathing suit cover-up for C. Just a little thing with a hood, huge open sleeves, and a loop of terry over a button to close it. She still uses it. With 3 yards, you could probably make matching ones!

Rebecca said...

I love that bowl! What a find! :)
And as for the terry material, I have a great table cloth I thrifted that is terry and we use it for picnics and at the beach. It washes well and is quite absorbant.