Friday, December 29, 2006

Finishing up Christmas Gifts!



4 Days after Christmas...that's not too bad, right! I finally finished the dreadful puppets. I don't know why, but I didn't enjoy making these. They came together pretty quick, but they are far from perfect. Oh well, they are done. I made them from a Butterick pattern. Since they take such a small amount of fleece, I was able to make them purely from the stash! (With a little help from my sister's stash too.) I made 2 puppets each for 3 kids for pretty much $0. [I consider previously purchased fabric, yarn, etc. a sunk cost, which therefore means I do not have to count it when calculating the cost per gift. I knew that econ minor would come in handy sometime!!]

Not only am I feeling great about getting that project done, but we finally got some snow last night! Can you believe it - Fargo, ND and we didn't have snow for Christmas this year. I can't remember that EVER happening before. Here is the view from our deck this morning. Beautiful!
Besides watching the snow fall, I have been trying to clean and organize the house, starting with my craft room. Must be a new year's thing...

5 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

the puppets are so cute...the tie on the middle one is adorable...nice touch! I know that I've had (too many) projects that should be quick and end up being such a pain...you just never know!

Amanda Jean said...

Nice snow photos...no snow here but that's ok....also, I recommend starting to thrift some yarn for a crochet blanket. Some thrift stores don't have it much cheaper than a sale at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's, so I would watch the sales and use coupons in addition to thrifting. I found that there are some places on line that have a mini video showing how to do some crochet stitches. It's nice because you can play the clip over and over and over and over until you get it....that's what I had to do. Handy when you are trying to figure out how to crochet at 10pm :) Happy thrifting!

Linda said...

The puppets are really cute! I'm sure the kids will love them!

Very Mary said...

So, if I give you some if my leftover fleece, then that's a freebie, too, right? Email your addy to me: maryann@averymarydesign.com and I'll get some out to you ASAP! (It's the least I can do as I clean out my own craft room! hee hee!)

maggiegracecreates said...

Hey girl - I have set up a separate blog for the Christmas in Progress group.

Drop me an email or comment there.
www.christmasinprogress.blogspot.com

Teresa