Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Quick Gift Idea

Sweater Votive
I got the idea for this one from Anthropologie. Trust me theirs is much cuter, but mine only took about an hour to whip up (not to mention theirs cost $24!!!). I used wool yarn and felted it just a bit, mostly because I made it way too big for my little votive holder. [The beige yarn I got from my mother in law, Gail. It is 80% merino wool and 20% possum fur. She brought it back for me from their trip to Australia and have been so scared to actually use it. Isn't that dumb...I'm the same about fabric. The stuff I love the most never gets used. Anyway, thanks Gail!] The candle holder is from Michaels and cost a whopping 33 cents. If I make some more of these, I think I would try to find straight candle holders...this one had a curve to it and made my stripes crooked. Also, I made it way too long and had to zigzag the edge and cut it off, so I ended up with a lot of extra bulk. Then again, maybe that's fitting... we need a little extra bulk under our sweater this time of year :)
I have been so crazy crafting and reading/writing blogs that my house is a disaster. Here is a picture of my desk...grommets and buttons and magnets, oh my! It is much more fun than laundry and dishes though. What's a girl to do. Bless my dear husband! I know he comes home from work and wonders what I did all day, luckily he's too sweet to ask. So, off I am to clean.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

What a great idea to use lunch trays for button sorters. I am (still) kicking myself for not buying up a stack of lunch trays from Goodwill for a few bucks a couple of years ago. I like your sweater for your votive holder. The buttons are a nice touch.
By the way, I hoard my favorite fabrics. And paper too.