Friday, February 1, 2008

Stuff That I Made...

Yes, finally a post about stuff I've made! I gave you all a little sneak peak of this last week (remember all those rows and rows.) Here is the finished product.
It is a table runner for my friend Stacy's birthday. I gave it to her early, yes that's right EARLY (I don't recall the last time I gave a gift early, or even on time!) I really like the way it turned out - hope she does too! :)

I was trying to match Stacy's kitchen, so I wasn't able to use fabric from my stash, but I was proud of myself for only buying exactly what I needed and using up every last piece. I pieced the back in order to accomplish this, and I almost like it as much as the front!

I did a ton of quilting on this...5 rows in each 2" strip. But I absolutely love the texture and stiffness the fabric gets with that much stitching. So cool. What's not cool is invisible thread. For some reason that stuff gets caught on my machine constantly. But, I made it work and finished it with time to spare!

These closeups are for my mom. See Mom, continuous binding - not too shabby huh?
And mitered corners too!

10 comments:

Very Mary said...

Cutie pa-tootie! The continuous binding? That is pretty damn impressive.

Amanda said...

What a cheery thing to have on these long winter days. Lucky her!

Amy Jo said...

Looks beautiful!! I'm sure your friend will love it! And I'm with ya - I like the back as much as the front as well!! Good Job!

Katherine said...

Very pretty, Roxanne! A simply beautiful table runner. Too cool how you pieced the back - love it!

Unknown said...

Very nice job Roxanne. You did a great job and I'm proud of you. The binding looks great.

kari and kijsa said...

Lovely!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Love the table runner - very cute! You inspire me to learn how to quilt.

Stacy said...

I LOVE IT!

Amanda Jean said...

it's just lovely! I think I like the back just as much or more than the front, too. nice job, roxy!

Stacy said...

My friends from small group came tonight and said it matched perfectly with all my colors downstairs. They were drooling over it :) Thank you again!!! :)