Friday, March 28, 2008

Favorite Friday

I guess I'll take a little break from kid's clothes to share a favorite Friday with you. My favorite today...

This book. I hesitate to call it a favorite because I technically haven't made anything out of it, but let me tell you the background story. I saw this book at Sam's Club for $15. I thought that was a great deal and thumbed through it a little but nothing caught my eye (I probably wasn't hungry at the time.) I saw it again at the library on Monday and thought great, now I really don't have to buy it! On Wednesday night I started "reading" it and marking recipes that I wanted to photocopy and try. Here's how the book looked when I got done.

I figure with the (ridiculous) cost of ink for my printer I might as well just go buy it! So, today we are off to Sam's to pick it up. Hopefully that's all we will pick up. Buying in bulk is a weakness I have!

Like I said, I haven't actually tried any of the recipes yet, but I would describe them as simple, with basic ingredients. They aren't mind-blowing intricate recipes, just simple stuff you would actually make. I think of it as more of a "what to make for supper inspiration" cookbook rather than a "measure out exact ingredients and follow exactly" cookbook. Does that make sense? One major plus is that there are gorgeous pictures of every single recipe. I love that!

On a separate note, here's another favorite of mine today.





Thanks again Sara!

Hope you have a weekend full of favorites!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like reading you blog and especially love the favorite Friday entries. I hope you don't mind if I join in the favorite Fridays fun and post some of my favorites on my blog.

Vallen said...

Aren't hydrangeas the best. I hope you will plant them. I enjoy ours so much. We dry them at the end of the season and enjoy them all year 'round.

Amanda Jean said...

beautiful flowers! I have a weakness for buying in bulk too. I am a stockpiler.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip on this book. I subscribed to the magazine for 2 years and kept all the issues. I use them a lot but the magazines are literally falling apart. Maybe it's time to invest in the book :)

G'G'ma said...

Love the flowers. Hope all the recipes are wonderful. Happy cooking!!

Val said...

I love this book. The flowers are beautiful. We just planted 3 of these plants. I enjoyed my visit with you.

Very Mary said...

ARGH! My email is malfunctioning again, so I can't send your thing back to you. I'm going to try to send it from my work email tonight, so be on the lookout from an email from mabbott!