Friday, August 24, 2007

sneak a peak at my stitches...

Here's a sneak peak at my take-along project for the lake! It's going to be a gift for a special friend of mine, so that's all I can show you for now.

This is my first attempt at embroidery and I am loving it so far! I am always looking for a good "on the road project" and this is perfect. I don't know any fancy stitches yet, but so far I am managing to follow the lines of this vintage sheet. (Hey Sarah, I think I got this piece from you! Thanks!!)

Hope you all have a great weekend! Even though school starting really doesn't affect our family, it still feels like summer is ending. Silly, isn't it?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I thought it looked familiar! :o)

Have a great weekend!

Amanda Jean said...

looks like a great idea! no pattern tracing. woo-hoo! it is good to have a portable project for time at the lake. I think I saw every car in the state of MN headed to the lake. holy cow, traffic was crazy today! (i was headed the opposite way, thankfully!) hope you had a good time.

Very Mary said...

oooh - that's quite enticing! I love that fabric! Sarah sent me a wee piece of it and I can't even use it because it's so sweet!