Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another new favorite...

Side 1

Side 2
For some reason my brain is fried this week. Probably all the polyurethane I've been inhaling to work on wooden pendants! (Just kidding, it's acrylic. It doesn't even smell.) Which reminds me...I've been trying to make a point lately to buy locally. We've been making weekly trips to the farmers market - which Sydney loves. She can now say words like zuchinni and cucumber, well sort of! Anyway, I also bought my polyurethane from a local paint supply store...not the gigantic home store. I expected some snickers when Sydney and I went in, but they were very helpful and not nearly as expensive as I expected. And the product was WAY better than the junk I've gotten at Home Depot. Seriously - we are talking about needed half as many coats of poly to get the same results. So, I've learned my lesson. Support the little guy and they will support you. Okay, that's enough for today.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooo! Will we be seeing these in the shop anytime soon??

We're heading to the farmers market tonight!

Vallen said...

I love this. I want to try some. I hope I have a drill. I think I do. I have been sewing today and wearing the necklace you made for me to give me luck.

becki said...

Those are seriously too cute!

Linda said...

I like these a lot, too. They look like fun to make. So many different ideas you could do with them!

Amanda Jean said...

LOVE this necklace, too! I have started to visit my farmer's market and I love it.

Breanna said...

Great necklace! I have been going to my local hardware store too. I was all nervous going in, and had to ask where I could find copper wire. They asked what I needed it for, and I was sure they would laugh when I said jewelry. But they were so cool about it! And my store sells weldbond, my favorite glue, and the big guys don't. So thumbs up for local!

Very Mary said...

Did you find any bamboo placemats yet?

beki said...

So, so pretty!