Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm sure I'm the last to know....



but I just have to share this stuff with you. Has everyone else already made fabric covered tacks? I found a tutorial here (which by the way is a great site). So quick, easy and cute! But, very addicting! I love how different fabric seems to look when you focus on a small area like this.



Then, I found this in the clearance isle at Wal-mart. I didn't even know this was available! I've been using rice to fill fabric balls, toys, etc. but always wished I had something washable. Here it is! A little pricey, the bag was clearanced at 2.50, but I think it will last a long time ( the bag is about 1/4 the size of a normal poly-fill bag).


And finally, I am currently in the middle of making this. Angry Chicken thought she was the last one to try it, but no, I'll take over the rear.
Update! The bread is done and its delicious! This was my very first attempt at making bread by myself and it turned out pretty good. Next time I will decrease the salt in the recipe a little bit and maybe experiment with a little whole wheat flour. The bread reminds me a lot of sourdough bread - very crusty on the outside and really chewy on the inside. It takes a little planning to get this recipe done (very little actual hands-on time though) but its all worth it!

6 comments:

Raesha D said...

Holey Moley I had not seen the fabric covered tacks before!!! I guess I know what supplies I'll be buying this weekend:):) Beautiful!!!

Vallen said...

When my girls were little I used to make bread every few days. But I liked the dough that you kneaded. I swear I got out all my frustration on that dough so I could be the calm, sweet mommy instead of the mean yelling mommy.

Anonymous said...

Oh Roxanne! I am going to have to expand my craft room for all of the ideas you give me! I went to the tutorial link and can't wait to make some pushpins!!

Natasha said...

I just discovered them today too (and the bread recipe)!!! Your not alone, such a cute idea!

Claire said...

oh no, you are not the last one. I haven't had the time (or a kitchen) to try it yet! Love those tacks!

Amanda Jean said...

thanks for the links to some wonderful ideas! my to do list is ever growing, but in a good way...I think. ;) I've been wanting a good bread recipe, so I'll definitely have to try it out.