I finally finished the apron/tote bag for Sydney. This is a prototype for some I would love to make for my Etsy shop. I have some kinks to work out first though. Sorry for the dark photos, I think I stood in front of the window when I took these!
The main idea is that the top of the apron folds down into a pocket on the back to make a tote bag. So I had to think of some way to have a loop on the front that didn't look dumb. I originally saw this idea on a vintage apron I got at an estate auction. That one has a clown on the front and the handle loop was his smile, but I'm not too big on clowns. So I figured the daisy was a good alternative. I used heat and bond on the flower then blanket stitched around it all. Added a couple pockets and a ton of bias tape (homemade of course:) and it was done! I'm thinking a boy version with a dinosaur or frog would be really fun too. I won't point out my flaws, I am sure you can zoom in and find them for yourself! But, like I said this was my first go at it. I found some things that worked well, and some things that need some improvement. Overall though I think I am pretty happy with my results.
So, one more thing I get to check off my list. No big plans for the weekend, so hopefully I can get a couple purses cranked out for the shop. I'm thinking something like this and this that I made for myself last month. We'll see though, maybe I will get a new shot of inspiration when I visit the stash!