Monday, May 5, 2008

Spring...

Happy Monday folks! So, Spring has finally sprung around here. Snow is nowhere in our forecast for the first time in weeks. In honor of the weather, I thought I would bring back one of my favorite blogging series - the Before and Afters! Remember those? No? Anyway, if you've been reading my blog for a while or you know me personally you may know that once Spring appears I am running outside with a project and a can of spray paint. Spray paint and Spring go hand in hand around here. [Side note, I've tried my hardest to spray paint in the winter - just don't do it. 'Nuf said. I've also tried to convince my husband to build me a ventilated spray booth in our laundry room...he said he's working on it...] We'll start out small with the before and afters and hopefully I can finish up a few more and share them with you this week. Not all will be spray painted, but honestly I love the stuff!

BEFORE: Saved from my Mother in laws donate pile.


AFTER: Cute artwork for Sydney's room.

Cost: About 50 cents for the scrapbook paper (which I only used 1/2 of) so let's called it a quarter!

8 comments:

Katherine said...

Very cute idea, Roxanne!

I'm looking forward to seeing more 'before and after' ideas from your creative mind.

Anonymous said...

Cute! I was just about to post a before and after on my blog. I love your easy peasy art!

No One Home said...

That is such a great idea. I'm going to have to find a some cute paper for some old frames I have lying around.

Whitney said...

Cute idea! I might have to give it a try

Amanda Jean said...

oh, I love your before and after projects. you have such good ideas. this one in particular is soooo cute!

and i am laughing about the ventilated spray booth in the laundry room. :)

Vallen said...

Remarkable. Now where is my can of paint? I have oodles of frames to fix up.

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

Spray paint? Fun! I like the finished artwork, very cute!

Amy Jo said...

Love the picture - such a cute idea. I might have to try.

And I don't think the spray booth in the laundry room is really out of the question - seems reasonable to me!