Friday, May 9, 2008

Before + After - 4/Favorite Friday

Happy Friday folks! It just so happens that the B+A for today is also one of my favorites! This may just be my favorite thing I have ever made for Sydney. Check it out...

Before: XXL men's dress shirt I got at the thrift store for $1.


After: Using this tutorial I made Sydney a dress!

It's not quite done yet, I need to make her try it on to check the length before I sew on the bias tape on the hem. And I will be sure to share this with you again when she is wearing it. I was shocked how dressy it looks on. Here's the back.

Obviously the best part about this process is not having to make button holes!! I definitely recommend giving this a try if you have young girls in your house. Super easy and really cute!


Total Cost: $1 for the shirt + $1.25 for 1/2 of a fat quarter (even though I already had it on hand!) = $2.25

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is super cute Roxy! I can't wait to see her in it.

Katherine said...

Wow! I love it! You know I can't get enough when it comes to taking a thrift store find and giving it a make over. Looking forward to seeing a pic of Sydney wearing this cute dress.

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

That is so cute. I'm re inspired to make dresses for Violet. Can't wait to see it on!

Amy Jo said...

That is SO cool. I wish I had little girls to try it out on. I love that the front of the shirt becomes the back of the dress. Very cute!

Very Mary said...

Wow, you are more genius than ever!

Breanna said...

I LOVE it!! Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

really cute! I always wondered what I might do with a shirt full of finished buttons and holes--a dress is PERFECT (for some reason I always think pillow closures-boooring)

Amanda Jean said...

i love the strip of binding at the bottom.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. You are truly amazing! :D