Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Felt Food Revisited


I've been stitching away at some more felt food. It has been so utterly cold here you can't even imagine it. (Yesterday was the first time in a week we got over zero.) So we have been spending a lot of time snuggled up on the couch watching movies. This has been the perfect project for that since most of the items are sewn by hand.

So, today for lunch we are featuring pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and green peppers; an apple slice; an orange slice; a serving of sliced carrots; and one large piece of broccoli the size of a tree. (Yeah, that didn't turn out so good but it was a great way to practice french knots!)


Enjoy! Next up on the menu - desserts!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

These are so cute, Roxanne! Love the detailing your stitches add to each item - like the seeds on your apple slice and the french knots on your broccoli.

Brrrrr... it's been dipping low here in the past couple of days as well. Definitely good weather for cuddling up on the couch, watching a movie and doing some stitching.

Vallen said...

Adorable, she types with gloved hands. Cold here too. Those little food things are just so much fun!!

Amanda said...

Love it all!
I wish I was a better hand stitcher... The set I had ordered on etsy totally fell through and she didn't make it for me. :(
I need to get over it and make some, a 3 year old doesn't really care if your hand sewing stinks.

Emily Cole said...

The broccoli is my favorite! I love all of these cute foods! Em

Amanda Jean said...

these are so wonderful!!! I love it all sorted out on the lunch tray. your broccoli is fantastic. and so is the pizza slice. you do such a nice job!

UK lass in US said...

I love the felt food. Felt food is on my to-do list, but it's nestled behind more necessary - but boring - things to-do. Pah.

I suppose I should be sensible and do the boring stuff first.