Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Felted Bowls


These were a gift for my sister. I actually made myself some a while back and my sister dropped several "hints" that she would like a set as well. Being the complete individuals that we are (not really, we are almost the same exact person) I was able to make the bowls using the same yarn I used for mine and they match her house perfectly just like they match mine. Huh. (I'm quite sure she copies me!!)

These are based loosely on the pattern in One Skein by Leigh Radford. Good book, by the way, I think I need to request it from the library again. The bowls are basically little squaty hats. So, if you can figure out how to make a hat, but aren't real sure about circular or double pointed needles these are still within your grasp. Give them a try!!

5 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

they turned out so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Well done!

KR said...

LOVE the bowls! I've always wanted to make some but I have a lot of trouble with circulars and DPNs. I may have to give these a try. :)

Thank you for the sweet comment over at the blog too. :) Take care!

Kristin
RTH

Misty M. said...

Happy Birthday! I am 32 and have gotten way more done since turning 30! There was just something lazy about the 20's!