Thursday, January 15, 2009

Craft Room Revamp

Thanks for all the love on the sewing bags! I was hoping to make myself one too, so I can try to put a tutorial together when I do that. It really was super simple, just time consuming to put all those parts and pieces together.

Between Christmas and New Year's I convinced my sister that she should help me clean out my craft room - Clean Sweep style! We basically emptied the room and put it back together in a way that actually makes sense now! All like things are together now and everything has a place where it belongs. It is WONDERFUL!! Thanks again Becky. I refused to take pictures of how bad it got...no one needs to see that! Just trust me, it was bad. I have a LOT of stuff. I maybe didn't even realize just how much until we did this. Even so, it all fits and is organized and ready for the new year. Go here and here to see the old layout. And here is the new!

This shot is to the left after you enter. The white shelving under the window was a Christmas gift from Lee. (Funny how he always knows just the right thing to buy! Hhmmm.) Basically we swapped the table and the white dresser. I can now work from both sides of my table which is wonderful.

A little further in...
To the right. (Sorry it's so blurry.)

We took the door off the closet. It makes such a huge difference! My husband built me some shelves to use the new found space. I love how this turned out...looks like my own little yarn shop! (Okay, maybe not so little!)

So that's the tour! It has been like this for 2 weeks now and is still clean! That is so huge for me - I am a very messy crafter!! But putting things away now seems much easier. Cross your fingers for me that I can keep it this way!

9 comments:

Very Mary said...

I wish you well, but you saw my craft space, so. Um. Right.

Sarah said...

Wow...what an awesome space!!

Anonymous said...

I saw it in your photo on your B-day and I was hoping for some better pics. Awesome space!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I see alot of productivity in your future! Congrats!

Amanda Jean said...

your craft room is so very fantastic! i'm impressed with the re-do.

Raesha D said...

What a wonderful room!! It looks amazing and I'm sure you are so inspired every time you go in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Great space!

Stacy said...

Looks great. What a great sister you have :)

www.cuenca-3d.com said...

It can't work as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I consider.