Monday, April 16, 2007

Finalists!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the love and name suggestions for my new dress form. Here is the entire list (I received a few e-mailed suggestions from some technically challenged participants :)

Veronica, Penelope (Penny) Ingrid, Bertha, Greta, Mabel, Fiona, Julia, Vera, Millicent, Mildred, Priscilla, Martha, Taylor, Audrey, Juliette, Edie, Matilda, Tillie, Kate, Heidi, Claudia, Giselle, Naomi, Winnifred (Winny), Lola, Verushka, Sue (Suzy Homemaker) and Nellie

I'm sorry to say, I just haven't decided yet. Tomorrow, I promise, okay! But, here are my top five (I've totally lost track on my list who these are from, so I am definitely unbiased)
Veronica
Vera
Tillie
Lola
Nellie

Tomorrow, the decision.

In the meantime, I have been so inspired by my new friend and the Wardrobe Refashion site, that I actually sewed myself a shirt this weekend. This is probably the third piece of clothing I have ever made for myself. The pattern was so easy and the shirt is extremely comfortable (if you are pregnant, this is a must have!! And no Mom, I'm not!). I added a couple darts in the back (much easier than it sounds) and I think it looks acceptable. I've already bought some green fabric to make another one!

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

I can't wait to hear what you actually name her...I am very curious!

nice job on sewing a garment. I am impressed!

and in regards to your comment, you can come over to play anyday, my dear. can you imagine the fun that we would have? even if I had to refold each piece of my fabric, it would be so worth it. ;)

Rebecca said...

I vote for Tillie! (I plan to name my first daughter Lola) :)

Breanna said...

I am new to your blog, and I love it! I really like this shirt- it looks like something I might actually be able to sew myself- Thanks for the inspiration!