I have been really excited about changing up some clothes we already have and making them more usable, in one way or another. For my first attempt, I decided to try out a shirt from my neice that I saved from my sister's thrift store pile (even better than thrifting!! Completely free!) The shirt was one of Kelsey's favorite, but was too small. It was a girl's size 7/8 with 3/4 length sleeves. Here is the before photo (sorry it's bad).
Here is the after shot!
Basically the reconstruction was in the sleeves. I simply cut them off and reattached higher up the shoulder. I also cut off the seam running up the arm and on either side of the shirt. I resewed this seam to fit Sydney's size and hemmed the bottom. Lucky for me, the 3/4 length sleeves fit Sydney perfectly after the sleeves were sewn on, and the neck wasn't too wide for her. This took me a little bit of time, simply because I didn't know what I was doing...next time should go better. Overall, I rate it a success...new clothes for no money, and Kelsey thinks its really cool that Sydney is getting her hand-me-downs already!