This morning Sydney and I decided to try out the tent pattern from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. Mine isn't exactly like the pattern, but a similar theory. I used a thrifted sheet instead of 42" wide fabric, so I skipped all the dimensions listed and just used the whole sheet. No hemming & no cutting, we were done in about 15 minutes. Basically its just loops sewn at all four corners for the stakes and one at each end for the rope to hold it up.If we can manage to keep the mosquitoes away I think we will be having a lot of fun out there this summer!
Honestly its projects like these that make me so thankful for my stash. We had everything we needed to make this as soon as I brought up the idea. An important point when your crafting partner has the attention span of a 3 year old!