Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dresses for Fall


I've been trying to round out Sydney's Fall and Winter clothes with some handmade outfits. This is the first I've actually finished. It will be worn with a long sleeved t-shirt under it and leggings when things cool off. But it is actually 80 degrees here today, so there was no chance in getting her to model all that.

I'm debating shortening it up a little, since it will be worn with leggings of some sort. What do you think? It falls just below the knee right now.



I've been working on a brief overview/tutorial on bookmaking for those of you who asked. I'm absolutely no expert, but just wanted to share my experiences with you. Check back soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd shorten it up quite a bit. Like the pockets, super cute!

Amanda Jean said...

oh, that is a cute dress! I love love LOVE the pockets. I think that you should probably shorten it up a bit if she will wear it with leggings. to the knee at least. or else you could leave it as it is and then have her wear some thicker tights rather than leggings? I don't really know, I'm new to dressing up little girls. but I know that it sure is fun! :)

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

I think it would be cute just how it is with leggings. I've actually been thinking that leg warmers would be super cute on these little girls, they are back 'in' you know.

lifewithquads said...

I think it would look cute either way. And also with tights instead of leggings. Now, you just have to decide if you want to go to the trouble to shorten it up. lol

Katherine said...

Very, very cute!
If you decide to shorten it, don't cut off the extra length, Roxanne. I would do a tuck instead, about an inch or so above your current hemline to shorten the overall length. That way, as she grows you'll just have to let down the tuck to give her dress/tunic additional length.

Queenly Things said...

I love it this length, even with leggings or tights. Think how adorable with a little pair of boots. The dress is the perfect fit.

Linda said...

Katherine's idea is great. You could even do a couple of tucks. Decorative and useful, too. She's only going to get taller, you know.

Amy Jo said...

soooooo cute!

Rebecca said...

Great job! I agree with shortening it just a bit. I think it will also be easier for her if she wants to runand play in the falling leaves don't you think? :)

okay now I want to run and play in the falling leaves!