Anybody else have this problem?
I was getting really sick of it but 1. I didn't want to buy any new gadgets to fix the problem and 2. I didn't want to work very hard to fix the problem.
So, I worked with what I had, which was this...
And put it together like this...
And made this!
Uh, yeah, ignore the mess okay! It's headed for a corner in my laundry room that I do all my packaging in so it won't get knocked around too much. If you were worried about its sturdiness you could use styrofoam instead of floral foam and put some wood glue down the hole the dowel makes.
So, there you have it. A ribbon organizer that, while not the most beautiful, took me less than 5 minutes.
Oh, and don't forget my running tally - I'm adding 75 cents to my jar for the dowel, foam, and small crock.