Thursday, November 8, 2007

Organizing Tips From a Lazy Crafter

Anybody else have this problem?

I was getting really sick of it but 1. I didn't want to buy any new gadgets to fix the problem and 2. I didn't want to work very hard to fix the problem.
So, I worked with what I had, which was this...

And put it together like this...

And made this!

Uh, yeah, ignore the mess okay! It's headed for a corner in my laundry room that I do all my packaging in so it won't get knocked around too much. If you were worried about its sturdiness you could use styrofoam instead of floral foam and put some wood glue down the hole the dowel makes.

So, there you have it. A ribbon organizer that, while not the most beautiful, took me less than 5 minutes.

Oh, and don't forget my running tally - I'm adding 75 cents to my jar for the dowel, foam, and small crock.

6 comments:

Very Mary said...

That is really, really clever. I may have to try that!

Amanda said...

Great idea. I need a similar set-up for my ribbon!

Amanda Jean said...

that is a great idea...and hurray for adding money to the fabric shopping spree in St. Cloud fund.

I have all my ribbons in a drawer. once i started pinning the loose ends down, it was much easier to keep them organized.

maggiegracecreates said...

I am so glad you have added money to your jar. Charles is rather unnerved by the quarters disappearing from his stash - love the organizer.

teresa

Vallen said...

Brill!!!! I could have a whole window garden of these and clear out TONS of shelf space. Thanks

Katherine said...

Nice looking and simple. My favourite kind of organizing! Thanks for this.