Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stripes and Dots

After well over a year, this is finally finished!

I started this quilt for Sydney with the intention of just making a fun blanket for her out of my stash. It quickly grew to twin size before I knew it! I chose all the striped and polka dot fabric I had and cut it into strips of various lengths. The white stripes were an after thought. The patterened fabrics right next to each other was just too much!


The backing is a thrifted sheet. It couldn't have been more perfect if I had planned it! The binding is leftover strips so it's a bit wider than it needed to be, but I was not about to cut it down.

The quilting is kind of a cursive "l" pattern that was fun to do. A little tricky to shove all the through my sewing machine, but fun all the same.

Hopefully the next one won't take so long! (Not that it actually took me that long to make it...procrastination you know!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and has, once again, inspired me to get to work on Miss K's quilt. I'm going to make it from all of her old baby clothes.

lifewithquads said...

It turned out great!! Love it.

Amanda Jean said...

i think i've seen this one in person! :) i'm so glad that you finished it. it's GORGEOUS!!! i love how the white lets the colors pop.

Nana Nancy said...

The quilt turned out perfect. I love the combination of fabrics. You did a great job quilting it too. Way to go. Love you Mom

Amy Jo said...

love it!!!

Queenly Things said...

I have this very week imagined making a quilt with some scraps and now you have spurred me on. Yours is so darn cute how can I not.

Katherine said...

Delectable quilt! Love the fabrics and the whimsical quilting. Procrastination worked a charm, I'd say. ;o)

Rebekah said...

Beautiful job! It seems I'm always crafting for others outside my family. I need to take your lead and make something for my own munchkins!