Tuesday, December 16, 2008

digging out

Yep, still alive up here. We had quite the whopper of a storm this weekend. A blizzard in fact, complete with 10+ inches of snow, 40+ mph winds and ridiculously cold temps. Just plain crazy cold. The picture above was from 1:00 Sunday afternoon. That house across the street seemed to disappear and reappear several times that day. We are done with the snow (except for the cleanup) but the cold has stuck around. It was -12 degrees this morning. Brrr.

This is the view on our deck. I'm a little worried if it can hold all that snow! I think we might have to clean if off. Plus, it kind of gives me a claustrophobic feeling, like there is no way out. I think I've been stuck at home for too long! I snuck out last night to do some shopping but poor Sydney hasn't left home since Friday. She's going a little crazy, think we will have to venture out today.

Anyway, enough talk about the weather (that's all we talk about around here!) I did get a lot of stuff done while I was stuck at home. This is a gift for my SIL. Ask me how much I want to keep it. A lot. Idea completely stolen from here.

10 comments:

becki said...

You sure did have a blizzard! We didn't get it quite as bad, but that's alright by me. Still, we have been stuck in the house for a few days also. I love the snowflake stitchery. Is it stitched on wool? Seems like lately I've just been drawn to these embroidery projects! Wonderful job!

Queenly Things said...

I'll take one of those embroidered beauties but you can keep the real snow!!!

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

And I've been complaining about our little storm! 12 degrees? Freezing! It is in the 20s here.

Love the snowflake!!

Amy Jo said...

Beautiful picture!!!! I'd keep it too!

LeeAnn said...

We are getting quite a snow storm in PA now. Not quite that cold though! Did you notice your static Santa sticker is so expertly placed in your photo and makes it look like Santa's sleigh is flying right over your snow drift? What a great gift too!

Anonymous said...

Holy snow! We had a lot of storms like that last year. Hopefully not this year though.
Adorable pic, nice work!

Anonymous said...

That is CRAZY! Try and stay warm....

Amanda Jean said...

we were joking just last week that if we didn't have the cold temps, what WOULD we complain about??? I say it's guilt-free quilting weather! :)

did the stitchery take you long??? I'm in LOVE with it and I am sure that your SIL will love it, too. it's just her style!!

Katherine said...

No doubt about you having a white Christmas! Had to chuckle when I realized that the Santa and his reindeer on your window are gliding over the backdrop of snow on your deck when I look at this photo.

How many inches of snow did you get over the weekend?
It got just as cold here as what you experienced over the weekend but thankfully we didn't get the snow you did. Yikes....

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad I don't live where you do. We'll get snow eventually, but we've been lucky so far. I love your snowflake, and your doll quilts. They are lovely!